tutorial: Pusheen hot cocoa bomb
Hot chocolate bomb shaped like Pusheen the cat! Hot chocolate bombs are chocolate spheres that can come in different flavors and is filled with cocoa mix, marshmallows, candy, sugar cookie and/or sprinkles. They open when introduced to milk offering a delightful surprise for whoever enjoys it. Today I make these into Pusheen character themed. Hot chocolate bombs were so popular last year and I’m a little late to the game, but I still wanted to have and share these with family and friends so here we are! #hotcocoabombs #cocoabombs #pusheen
Click here for the full video step by step that will be live 11/20 8:15 am PST: https://youtu.be/ZRN661PqY8I
Most asked questions:
· What are some flavor ideas? Classic cocoa, dark chocolate, strawberry, pumpkin spice, salted caramel, chocolate caramel, mocha, peppermint, red velvet, butterscotch, eggnog, red velvet, birthday cake, and more. There are endless options.
· How do you store these? Store in an airtight container. The fridge or freezer work great. They can be stored at room temperature if you’re going to gift them – they’re room stable. Try to keep fingers off of them. For best enjoyment, allow too get to room temperature before enjoying.
· Could you tell me how to make hot chocolate powder mix? Combine sugar, cocoa powder, and powdered milk. Set aside until ready to use.
· Plastic spoon or pastry brush
· Piping bag (optional) or ziploc bags
· Candy melts (I like this brand) or chocolate
· Your favorite cocoa
· Edible glitter (optional)
· Sprinkles (optional)
Step 1 – Place chocolate in a heat proof, microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power in 30 second intervals stirring in between each interval. This takes about 1.5 to 2 minutes depending on your microwave.
o Alternative option is too use a chocolate melter/heater. Add candy coating/candy melt or chocolate. Just stir occasionally until smooth.
Step 2 – Fill silicone molds with about 1 tablespoon of your favorite color chocolate or melt to each silicone mold half sphere. Use the back of a plastic spoon to spread around the chocolate or melt until it’s completely coated. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes or until it’s firm to the touch. With the left-over yellow melts, pipe small circles on a piece of parchment for the ears and set aside.
Step 3 – Spread a second coat of chocolate or candy melt between all of the wells. It’s best to make the rims thicker. Refrigerate 10-30 minutes or until it’s firm to the touch.
Step 4 – Release the half spheres by pulling around the mold edges to help release the chocolate. Then press your finger in the center of the half sphere and carefully push out.
Step 5 – Clean up the bottom cocoa bomb half by microwaving a plate for two to four minutes and then gently melting.
o Alternative method. Heat a baking sheet in the oven.
Step 6 – Melt chocolate or black candy melts and place in piping bag. Then pipe face on half sphere cocoa bomb. Fill the bottom half sphere with hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, sprinkles and edible sprinkles. Now gently melt the half sphere, that has a face, and add it to the filled cocoa bomb half to close. Now melt the ears and attach. Allow everything to set.
o Tip: Work quickly so there aren’t fingerprints left.
Hot chocolate bomb success!!
Save to Pinterest!