recipe + tutorial: cookie monster cupcakes filled with chocolate chip cookie center 🍪
Learn how to decorate Cookie Monster cupcakes - the cupcakes are chocolate and filled with chocolate chip cookie. You will learn how to 1) make chocolate chip cookie mini cupcakes out of pre-made cookie dough 2) make a chocolate cupcake filled with a mini chocolate chip cookie and then 3) I decorate the cupcake Cookie Monster Style. This project is SO super easy for a sesame street get together. #cupcakeideas #cookiemonster #cookiedough
Full video tutorial on my RoxStarBakes YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/GTqCnA4F4i0
Things you will need for this project:
✨Chocolate cake mix https://amzn.to/33WUne6
✨Gel food color https://amzn.to/34yy0Ky
✨Candy eyes https://amzn.to/3nUEwog
✨Edible ink pen https://amzn.to/2H7mb6u
✨AMAZON SHOP: https://www.amazon.com/shop/roxstarbakes
For more detail:
I take pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough and cut it into small chunks.
Roll these into balls, place into a lined mini cupcake tin and bake.
· Then mix your favorite chocolate cake batter and scoop into 24 lined cupcake tins.
· Place baked chocolate chip cookies into the batter.
· Make some Swiss meringue buttercream https://youtu.be/QynU0J8GQqM and mix 2 colors - one in blue and one black.
· The black will be the inside of cookie monster's mouth and the blue will be his fur.
· Take a size 12 scooper and scoop black buttercream onto the cooled cupcake.
· Refredigerate for at least 1/2 an hour.
· Then cut out a mouth - it should look like pac man!
· Then take a 133 or 234 Wilton grass tip filled with blue frosting and pipe his fur.
· If you've ever made a shag carpet cake or shag cupcake this will feel vry familiar.
· Keep the fur short - it's more cookie monster like!
· You can use pre-made candy eyes but I took the extra step of turning them over and using a edible black pen to draw more googly, cookie monster like eyes.
· Press them in!
· Then add some mini chocolate chip cookies!
· Voila! Chocolate Chip Cookie Monster Cupcake baking and decorating success!