recipe: No Bake Cookie Monster Safe Raw Cookie Dough
OM NOM NOM!!!! Here is a wonderfully delicious AND safe edible cookie dough that is Cookie Monster Themed. Because it's nice to have a no bake way to make cookie dough; I’ll show you how to safely heat treat dough two ways! No mixer required (: #rawcookiedough #cookiemonster #cookiedough
Click here for the full video step by step that will be live 10/9 8:15 am PST: https://youtu.be/v-HPvMRBDLs
Most asked questions:
· Can you make this gluten free or dairy free? I have allergies. Yes of course! For this recipe, I use 1 1/3 cups of King Arthur’s gluten free flour (it’s also dairy free too which is nice). For the dairy free option, I love Country Crock dairy free butters because it doesn’t make the batter too oily and it tastes great.
· What are other flavor ideas? There are so many flavor combinations. I actually made the original cookie dough recipe because I wanted flexibility in flavor options but then I had this idea to make it Cookie Monster. If you’re a sweet and salty fan – go for it, add pretzels or ruffle chips. Other ideas:
Mint chocolate chip
Brownie (add brownie chunks)
· How do you store this? Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 2 month – needs to be airtight. For best enjoyment, allow the dough to soften to room temperature before eating.
· Can I bake this dough and make cookies?! There’s no raising agent BUT I do have some great recipes on my channel so check those out if you want.
· 1 ¾ cups (218 grams) all-purpose flour (heat treated)
· ¾ cups (1 ½ sticks/ 170 grams) unsalted butter room temp
· 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon milk (with extra to get to the right consistency)
· 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
· 2-4 Oreos
· 2 chocolate chip cookies
· 2-4 nilla wafers
Step 1 – heat-treat flour in the oven or microwave and then let it cool.
o Option 1: microwave aka NO BAKE option. Measure flour into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 15 second intervals for 1 minute or until it reaches 160F.
o Option 2: oven. Preheat oven to 350F. Measure flour into a small lined baking pan and bake for 5 minutes or until it reaches 160F.
Step 2 – sift heat-treated flour to remove any lumps and set aside.
Step 3 – coloring. Mix blue food color paste into milk. Helps with even colored batter.
Step 4 – making dough. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Fold the flour into the wet ingredients with a spatula.
o Tip: Use any additional milk to achieve your desired texture.
o Note: Some parts of the flour can come out a little tanner but that’s fine.
Step 5 – mix in toppings. Break up anything that is large. Gently fold in chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, chocolate chips, sprinkles or anything else you love to eat.
o Tip: Like sweet and salty? Add in pretzels or chips!!
o Tip: If you want to use non-pareil sprinkles. Put them on top because they streak in the batter.
Step 6 – make it cookie monster! Continue topping with your favorite treats but add candy eyeballs.
Cookie Monster Dough recipe success!!